Sunday, April 19, 2009

State Park track

Date: 4/18/09
Time: 12:45 p.m.
Temp.: 75*
Weather: clear, sunny, gorgeous!
Length: 400 paces
Age: 30 minutes
Conditions: uniform grass
Turns: 3
Articles: 1 leather, 1 wood, 1 cloth

Worked on length and age. First two articles not baited, last one was. No problems there. All turns baited. First two turns were no problem, but he cut the corner on the third, something I rarely see him do. I think the light breeze was blowing the scent towards him. Also, maybe the age of the track contributed to this? Had this been a trial I think it would have been a 95-96. Here is a pic I took after we ran the track, I just thought it was neat how you could see the track.



And below is a video I made of the entire track by placing my camera on the hood of my truck. I sped it up double time to make it not quite so tedious! Watch us become little dots on the horizon!

Pics of the surrounding countryside ...

Thoroughbreds on Murmur Farm, Darlington, Maryland.

Dairy cows enjoying the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment