Monday, March 16, 2009

An introduction and our goals

I guess I'll go ahead and take a moment to introduce Treck, the star of this little tracking blog. Treck's full name is UCD Maximus von den wilden Rabbits BH, SchH1, CD, NA, NAJ, HCT-s, CGC. So where's his tracking title? It's hidden in that SchH1 since Schutzhund is a sport that is comprised of tracking, obedience and protection. Treck is eight years old now. And I'm currently deciding just what I should do with him. We missed nearly 2 years of training because of two, severe muscle strains to his right hindleg ... the iliopsoas and gracilis muscles ... yeah, I know, I'd never heard of them before either, but now I'll never forget them considering what they cost me! ;) I would like to trial him for his Schutzhund tracking (TR1, 2 & 3) titles when he's ready. His injury is a chronic problem and so he is now retired from serious protection training. The FH and FH2 tracking titles are our ultimate goal. And I'm also considering AKC tracking as well. Those are our tracking goals. As far as other dog sport venues, I'd also like to try for the Schutzhund obedience (OB1, 2 & 3) titles and his CDX, he's already trained through these levels. Wish us luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment