Sunday, February 22, 2009

A short track in a long time ...

Due mostly to my work and school schedule and my indecision as to whether or not I was going to continue to train Treck for competition, we have not tracked since last summer. But anyways, more about that in a later post. In the meantime, I've decided to create this blog in order to maintain a training log of our progress. My goal is to attain the TR1-3 titles. Our ultimate goal will be the FH and FH2!

Second corner.

Date: 2/22/09
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Temp.: 37*
Weather: wet snow, negligible wind
Length: 90 paces
Age: -/+ 0 minutes
Conditions: dead grass
Turns: 2
Artices: 1 leather

Baited article.

Since it has been so long since he last tracked, I kept Treck's track simple, easy and short. I baited the scent pad, most of the track itself, both left-hand corners and his leather article at the end. I also kept it short, 60 paces for the first leg, 30 for the next and 60 for the last. He downed very nicely for his article, a little crooked to the left, so I walked up on that side to help correct him for the future. All in all I was very pleased with his performance.

First corner ...

No comments:

Post a Comment